Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I fully expect the Supremes to reverse this decision. If it gets there before Biden and his ilk can pack the courts.
I don't think you will get the votes of Justices Gorsuch or Barrett and without them you are sunk.

How much contact is there where corners meet?

Large landowners run roughshod over the public in my state also. For instance the wealthiest family in Louisiana has land holdings containing 100s of thousands of acres. On a 3000+ acre tract near me where they have destroyed the Parish (county) roads with loads of over 80,000 pounds they pay a little over $200 a year in road maintenance tax. I was at a dumpster for a short time recently and 7 log trucks exited the parish road. But don't try to use one of their roads if they cave in a culvert and block you.

Loaded 18 wheelers do thousands of times the damage to roads as does grandma's car but she has to weave and dodge the damage to get to her little 40 acre homestead.

For the record, I own a couple of hundred acres of timber, and over 100 acres of pasture in addition to what we lease, so I'm not against land ownership but large landowners should have to pay their share and should be forced by whatever means to facilitate reasonable travel. One place I own has 3/4 mile of navigable water frontage and I have a deed to the middle of the bayou but I wouldn't dream of trying to prevent boats or swimmers or whatever from using it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."