Okay it is this simple.

Why have corner crossings been unavailable for the last 150 years? For prospecting, for grazing, for home steading.

Pretty simple, because it is a violation of private property rights, a taking of the owners' deeded properties, thus against the law.

The law under discussion was written to keep land barons from running home steaders off of public lands, often times which the land baron had previously used for grazing. Range wars were fought and people died over such disputes.

The last sentence clearly states, the land owner is under no obligation to let such persons cross his property.

Every one of you guys (except Buzzy) bitch and moan about modern judges legislating from the bench. Justifiably so.

Until you personally have something to gain from the change in ruling. Then great! Legislate on!

What a bunch of hypocrites!

As I have said many times here. You have every right to be on such lands. You don't have a right to cross private land to get there. Fortunately, modern technology gives us means to do the former without doing the latter.

If it is important enough to you.....hire that helicopter.

If there is so much landlocked terrain, and so incredibly much game on those lands? Hell, a whole new industry could grow up around charter flights, and outfitters to cater to the hunters.

Such charter service already exists for many wilderness areas.

Otherwise, if you want to cross a man's property, pay what HE asks for the privilege. Just as you would expect on your own property at home.

I don't care if a man owns 10,000 sq feet, or 10 million acres, whether it is valued at $10/acre or $1,000,000/sq ft. Every sq ft is just as sancrosanct.

I fully expect the Supremes to reverse this decision. If it gets there before Biden and his ilk can pack the courts.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.