Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Grey area or not I know how a few ranchers feel about it in MT and they being the landowners….

I think outfits like the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation have not done much but stir the pot on this, rather than take a better tack.

I may be speaking out of turn as I’ve not followed the issue down in Wyoming all that close.

Osky

How a few landowners feel about corner crossing is of no relevance. A majority of Montanans feel differently.

Good attitude. That’ll get ya somewhere with the blood and sweat, good weather or bad, market boom or bust folks.

Osky

How would you rank their attitude that they feel entitled to keep the public off land they don't own? Land owned by the public specifically.

The ranch owners did not create the land sectioning nor public/private boundaries. Those I know who are substantial land owners have been since long before the designations were changed or added.

I don’t know any keeping people off any land for the purpose of saving game. Doesn’t PETA do that? Aren’t those ranchers who simply want people to stay off their land considered tax paying “owners” of that public land as well?

I don’t know of anyone making a life and living off of Montana lands who bought their spreads with the intent of holding back others.
Then again, I’m talking about Montana not Wyoming but real ranchers are just that, wherever they are.

Osky

FFS, really? Read the case in Wyoming.