Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by irfubar
Hey Buzz, when you worked for Ted Turner did you lobby him to open his flyin D ranch for public hunting? and if not why?

He did allow public hunting, cow elk. Lots of local kids killed deer on there too.

Same with the Snowcrest and Redrock ranches, I saw local kids from Dillon, Ennis, Sheridan, Alder, etc. kill some real nice whitetail bucks on those places. Only restriction was no 5x5's.

Can't say anymore, that was over 20 years ago when I worked for him.

Also lots of people enjoyed stream access and fished through the Ruby and Red Rock all the time.

I have hunted the flying D with friends whom had a special tag, I did not as I don't shoot cow elk... details matter... and the details are, he was forced to open it by MFWP because the elk herds were too large and too concentrated and were at risk of disease....
I like the local kids virtue signal angle you used..... wink

The FWP didn't force anyone to allow hunting, they can't.

Virtue signaling?

You don't think it was good to let local youth hunters on the Redrock and Snowcrest to shoot 4x4 whitetail bucks? Lots of those same kids worked on those ranches in the summer as well.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that it was a good thing for youth hunters. Never heard a complaint from any leaving with a nice buck.

You'll find a way to chit on anything positive that flies in the face of your agenda and preconceived notions.

I also recall they allowed the FWP to issue one bull tag to a youth or disabled hunter.

They weren't required to let anyone hunt.

I remember the dog & pony show well of hunting the flying D. special tag drawing, check in and check out, certain hunting days etc.... so you want me to believe that was the same as a normal ranch allowing hunting?
Did Turner compensate MFWP for the extra man hours etc... ?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.