Originally Posted by sherm_61
If I get pulled over for speeding I guess I'm suppose to ask the MHP patrol officer what code it is says I can't.
For fuggs sake. I get the feeling Buzzy and the boys are working on a plan to challenge corner crossing in MT.
Why doesn't Buzzy challenge the wilderness- NR hunting B.S in his own state or is he afraid to ruffle the feathers on federal land because of his cushy job

If you get pulled over for speeding, you damn right the specific statute you violated is written on the ticket. Same way with anything you are ticketed with. There is no way to enforce or be found guilty of anything without a violation of the law/statute. It's usually taught in 7th grade civics class, whether it's comprehended or not? That's a different story.

Exactly why in Montana, corner crossing is still a gray area in the law. There is no way it's a hunting violation because even the latest crap statement the fwp issued says it will be sent to county attorney's. Does not say you will be ticketed by a warden. Read the trespass to hunt statute, there is no intent to hunt private stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land. That bullchit posted by UPOM won't stand in court, neither Leo Sheep or Causby means a thing in corner crossing. Read Skavdahls ruling regarding both in the Wyoming case. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if UPOM was the group trying to influence the Wyoming case that Skavdahl also raked over the coals in his judgement.

Finally the huge difference between corner crossing and the wilderness guide law is that a statute exists in regard to the wilderness guide law, no such statute exists in corner crossing. Plus if you understood and took 2 minutes to use your Google machine, you'd find a Wyoming supreme ruling upholding the wilderness guide law. Also states have the legal right to discriminate against NR hunters any way they see fit, up to and including not issuing a single NR hunting license. They can discriminate on license fees, season dates, and also tell you where you can and can't hunt without a guide. Thats a federal law reaffirming the rights of states to manage wildlife within their borders.

There is nothing to challenge with the wilderness guide law, the only route would be to change statute. While I don't like the law, the fact is most Wyoming residents do because we can get a free guide license to take 2 family/ friends into designated wilderness. It also keeps the hunting less crowded for residents giving them a higher quality hunt in designated wilderness.

All this is intuitively obvious even to the most casual observer with a couple firing brain cells to rub together.