Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
Earlybird,

I see it as the exact opposite. Private landowners have been impeding the public access to public land for the better part of several decades (with the support of the WY justice system) and finally a case made it through the court system that says Federal Law says you can't do it.

I would encourage you to read the court's opinion that dismissed the civil suit.
Right, I have no idea who Buzz is nor am I aware of BHA, but I have plenty of experience with wealthy obnoxious landowners pushing the little guy around. They can get extremely chapped over a trophy being killed by what they call a "broke dick" when it is an animal within a short distance of the property line. Especially if they have pictures of it being on their property at some time.

Being a game warden for 30 years puts you in contact with some real asses with money and a piece of property they think no one should come near.
My property boarders national forest I have no quarrels with other hunters hunting there as long as they stay off my property
I join other property owners that hunt deer as do our kids, grand kids, and I. My neighbors know they are not to shoot onto our property nor do we shoot onto theirs. But they are welcome to pursue a wounded deer as long as they are on foot and wearing orange after notifying one of us.

I own a 40 acre tract that borders National Forest on 2 sides and a large hunting lease on the other 2 sides. The lines are well marked and that is where I send guests and occasionally hunt there myself. I would not put up with adjacent hunters firing across our place there either but I would not consider it trespass if they retrieved a deer that crossed the line before expiring.

I have a 100 acre tract that also borders National Forest on 2 sides and I rent that to a cousin to hunt on with a provision that he enforce trespass. I am positive he wouldn't be unreasonable with the neighbors. We have deer out the wazoo so personally I'm not too worried about the neighbors killing one.

That sounds like a great set up. That's as good as it gets in the deep south.