Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just because I like throwing gas on fire, what are people's thoughts on:

Airspace----how high AGL should private ownership go? Should commercial airlines at 30,000 feet get ROWs to cross private?

How about NAD 83 vs WGS 84, VS other coordinate systems. I believe most federal and state agencies utilize NAD 83 but WGS 84 seems to be the default system used by GPSs. Usually there is only about 36" difference between the systems, but that is enough for disagreement whether someone is trespassing or not. In some areas there can be somewhat substantial differences between coordinates using the different systems. I have seen it vary 20 yards in some places that I am familiar with and I wouldn't doubt it is quite a bit more elsewhere, though I guess my mapping software my actually be at fault vs the datum.

Let's also not forget that coordinates change over time for objects which are fixed in the ground.

GO!

Dude?

You're harshin' my trip with all that technical stuff.

Especially that last part. If objects are fixed in the ground, how can the coordinates change over time???? confused confused

laugh
This is true. Continental drift. Often a couple inches per year. Sometimes 6 to ten feet in a single event.
[img]https://c8.[bleep].com/comp/CX0DGW/earthquake-fault-line-cuts-across-a-main-road-the-lateral-displacement-CX0DGW.jpg[/img]

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm?

I've lived through multiple large earthquakes and have seen doorways in the house I lived in "change coordinates" in seconds.

Sorry, my apologies. I thought it was a serious comment.

NO problemo.

No matter how many times we ask, we just can't seem to get a sarcasm font!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?