Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Ringman
You seem to forget there are many people who come to Jesus because their faith in evolution fell apart. Then they look to the Savior.
I doubt there are “many” who are led to Jesus “because their faith in evolution fell apart.” I think their number likely pales in comparison to the people who are pushed away from Jesus because of folks who profess to be Christians that come across as being the polar opposite of Jesus.
Originally Posted by Ringman
You wrote a couple lines about Peter. He teaches those who are serious, "Grow in grace and knowledge...." Which includes more than the cross. It includes Peter ordering the first Gentiles to be baptized in water. He believed Jesus when Jesus says, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved."
But NONE of that changes what Peter made clear was the very foundation of his faith and hope…! None of that has anything to do with Peter’s decision to follow Jesus after the resurrection. You can reference whatever you choose to (including your perception of the inadequacy of my reasoning).

I think Peter himself would explain his reasoning ~ and I think he only had one reason. When Jesus was arrested, Peter ran...and when asked if he knew Jesus, he lied. And when the Romans crucified Jesus, he died. And at that time, Peter was like other non-believers...he had no faith. He didn’t know what to believe. He had no reason to believe. He’d just spent 3 years of his life following a false prophet, and now he had a price on his head.

And then Jesus came…there He was...very much alive. I think Peter would tell you…and clarify one thing with you…
his reason for believing wasn’t because of something he’d heard or read or had read to him. And it sure as heck wasn’t because of the first three chapters of Genesis. I think he’d tell you that he believes what he believes because of what he saw...he watched Jesus die, he knew exactly where Jesus was buried, but God raised Him...and Peter saw Him, and he saw Him more than once. That’s the reason...that’s the only reason...for Peter’s hope. He very clearly said so.
And that is the reason for my hope as well.

You are certainly depending on your opinion to not accept the numbers of people I have met or read their testimony on why they started their journey to Jesus. I met a Jew who came to Jesus from reading the Prophets and then Matthew. I read books by individuals who came to Jesus by trying to discredit the Bbile. Like Apostle Paul says, "I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some."

You are concerned about people's opinion of me or my post. Their opinion of me or my post is NOT the ONE with Whom they must eventually deal. It is God's opinion of them that they must be concerned with.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter