Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by RayF
So there you go, you didn't understand what I said about evolution, that theory is used to explain the means and mechanisms of the facts of evolution.

Where theory is a narrative used to explain the facts of evolution as a means to build a better understanding of the evolutionary process.

Which does not mean that 'evolution is just a theory,' as theists love to say.

LOL. I didn’t understand it? Ha ha ha ha ha.

I managed through it. 🤣

I also understand that you purposely conflate the third law of biology (evolution) with the Theory of Evolution that suggests one species can evolve into others.

Say it with me: The Theory of Evolution is not a fact. It’s a theory. Refusal to admit theories aren’t facts may help your debate, but it doesn’t make it true. Aren’t you the guy that challenges other people’s credibility? What’s the credibility of a person that purposely avoids the truth in order to look “right”? Is that what you consider a scientific approach???

I respect your faith, by the way.
He's pointing out that naturalists had already understood that species evolved over time. What they didn't understand prior to Darwin was the mechanism. They speculated on that, but got it wrong repeatedly (e.g., Lamarckism). Darwin's theory of evolution explained it so well that it has yet to be overturned, and is the accepted theory, with some slight modifications/additions here and there. But, broadly speaking, it appears that natural selection combined with inherited trait variability is the main mechanism (Darwin had no knowledge of genetics, the science of which was originated by Gregor Mendel), i.e., Darwin's Theory of Evolution. His theory wasn't that species evolved over time (that was already accepted science), but rather, how.