Well, so far this is the Fire's version of a fairly reasonable discussion. I hope it stays that way. It is quite evident we each have our own beliefs and understanding of how/when the earth was formed, how we believe in God and Jesus, and what the bible contributes to these ideals. The diversity of thought on the details seems to be a result of our teachings by different sources, which is understandable. I know very intelligent people who cling to the belief that the earth is 6000 years old by their bible teachings and I would never tell them to their faces I believe they are foolish. I also know a number of very accomplished engineers in several fields and almost every one of them has come to the conclusion that the universe is far too orderly and mathematically correct for the formation to be an accident- there has to be an intelligent being behind it. So, what does that mean? If there was intelligent design behind the formation of the universe- a being most of us call God- then there was also as part of the design the forming of all the planets, moons, black holes, etc... that make up the universe. I don't believe that happened in 7 days- at least not in our human 7 days as we understand them. As it has been said in the bible- God's time is as a blink of the eye. We may not understand His time any more than a worm understands us, so arguing about it is as a breath in the wind...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.