Originally Posted by Steve
" ... I also believe that Jesus and many other's in both the old and new testaments are likely based real persons. But I don't think the book is infallible."

Steve, you are 100% wrong. Just as those here say that every word in the O.T. and N.T. are the truth as inspired by God, here is why that is so.

A few days after Jesus was crucified, most of the Disciples were in an old house in a room, not unlike the room where the Last Supper was held in Jerusalem, bemoaning their future and wondering what they were going to do now that their meal ticket, Jesus, was dead. Suddenly the door opened and God was standing there. The Disciples were astounded and stared at Him. He was wearing a long, resplendent, clean, white, silk robe.

God - "What's up, boys?"

Matthew - "It's the Lord!"

Luke - "Lord, we're trying to figure out what to do now. You know, being out of a job, so to speak."

God steps in, closes the door and takes a seat at the long table.

God - "Well, I've got something for you to do. It's very important."

John - "What it is, Lord?"

God take a heavy leather pouch from the pocket of his silk robe and tosses it on the table. It makes a heavy 'thump." The Disciples stare at it questioningly.

God - "There are a whole bunch of gold shekels in that poke. I want you boys to go down to the market and buy every single blank scroll you can find, all the quills and ink in town, and bring them back here."

John - "What for, Lord?"

God - "Well, I'm going to dictate to you a New Testament and you're going to write down every single word I say, exactly as I say it, and you are going to write it in Greek."

James - "But Lord, we're just poor Jewish fishermen and worker peasants. We don't know how to write Greek, or speak or read it"

God - "Not to worry. When I get through with you, you'll be fluent in Greek writing, reading, and speaking."

Bartholomew - "All right, Lord, if that's what you want. We've always obeyed you."

God - "I know, and that's why you are right for this job. Besides, you'll become famous, too. Okay, now get going. We have a lot of work to do."

The Disciples get up as Matthew pockets the pouch of gold shekels.

Matthew - "Anything else, Lord?"

God - "Yes. On the way back, stop at that good Kosher deli in the square and pick up some lamb sandwiches, bagels, and creamed cheese. This is all going to take awhile. Don't worry about something to drink. I'm going to turn this water here into wine."

Disciples - "Yes sir."

God - "And don't tarry. We're burning daylight."

The Disciples nod, leave, and close the room's door behind them.

And that, boys and girls, is how the New Testament was written.

Just for your information. smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)