You knew Newton and Darwin?

Not personally but there is zero doubt they existed. They are well known and well documented authors of their own works. No one even knows who wrote much of the Bible. And that is what I mean by "Know". I could have perhaps worded it better.

Numerous supernatural events (beyond the scope of posting) have evidence, but are commonly dismissed through ignorance or scientific explanation…

Really? What evidence exists for the supernatural claims of the Bible? Note: The claims of an unknown author writing a story is not evidence. Also, a book mentioning a place or a person that actually existed in no way legitimizes the supernatural claims. That is a terrible and unreliable standard to adopt. For example there is a book (and really crappy movie) called "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter". The book is set in America and mentions many real American towns and places. The central character is Abraham Lincoln a man who actually existed. It is set during the Civil War which was a real event that actually happened. So does that mean the parts about vampires are real? Of course not. The same goes for religious stories.

Are we conveniently disregarding the number of secular regimes that have slaughtered and attempted genocide???…

When and where have people been imprisoned, tortured, or killed for questioning science? Love to read about that because I missed it. Do you have a link?