Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Ray,

Ring species are most common in birds, usually gulls. There will be a series of member so the same species, each in it's own geographic region making a "ring" around the earth. Each member is able to mate with it geographical neighbors except the two at the ends of the ring.

One of those will be the original of the species from which the others evolved. The last will be the newest member of the species, which, because it can no longer bread with the original is technically not of the same species, giving us an unbroken chain in the process of speciation and a clear demonstration of one species evolving into another.

Thanks, A-snipe.

I was vaguely familiar with the topic, but your description does elaborate it well. I don’t believe that changes the sentiment in my previous response. I don’t see the ring species establishing any more merit in the argument for “Evolution” because of previously stated gaps in the theory.

Again, its the best theory science has, but (despite prominent people saying the opposite), I believe a theory is just a theory. Going beyond the agnostic approach of “Evolution could have happened” and into the proclamation of “Evolution is the way it happened” utilizes just as much faith as any Christian puts in the bible.