Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by TF49
The model of the Earth and Universe described in the Bible:

https://www.christianorthodox.net/images/world3.jpg

Try to use the Bible as a science text book and you're and idiot.

Still hoping some Bible literalist will explain this model of the universe to me.

Fwiw…. Care to show me where that “model” is found in the Bible?

The citations are right there on the diagram of the model. I purposefully posted one with citations for those who have never actually read or understood the Bible.

This was actually a pretty common model of cosmos during the time and place the texts of the Bible were written.

Nope, you are incorrect. The model you refer to is not ….repeat…is not in the Bible. The model is just a man’s interpretation of verses of scripture.

Happens all the time….

Someone reads some verses and does not comprehend them but the goes ahead and provides ignorant comment.

That model is quite clearly what the Bible says. Don't believe it? You're going to Hell.

You make me smile….. I am not going to hell but that is not a central issue here…..so…. show me the “model” in the Book.

You can’t do it…… what you can do is quote the verses dealing with creation, so go ahead and do that….and then show us how the model is built up from those verses.

The “model” is nothing more than a drawing with creation subject matter superimposed on it.

There is one statement you made that is quite correct….”Try to use the Bible as a science text book and you’re an idiot.”

The important point is….”……THAT God did it, not HOW He did it.”

Explain to me where all the water came from in Noah's flood and where it went, using what we now can observe about the nature of the Earth and cosmos.

Sure….. earth scientists of today report that if all the mountains and elevated land masses were leveled, the earth would be completely water covered….as I recall…. Hundreds if not thousands of feet of water.

Note that sea fossils can be found high in the Himalayan mountains. Those rocks were under water at some time, then a period of mountain building pushed them up. The point is there was and now is sufficient water right here on earth to cover the globe.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”