Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
If the bible has errors, it can be wrong about a lot of things, including God.
And the existence of Jesus.

We’ve gone over this before…. As I recall, you did not accept that Jesus was indeed a very real historical figure.

Correct?

You recall wrong. I don't deny the possibility that there was a charismatic rabbi behind the myth. I'm inclined to think there was. It's the supernatural elements, embellishments and claims of the story that are disputed. .

Nope, I don’t recall wrong.

I was responding to AS comment, not yours.

Get up to speed ….

Yeah, I just glanced at the quote nesting. My point is that the existence of Jesus the man as a historical figure does nothing to prove the supernatural stories that grew around him with each retelling, and especially after his death.

Yes, you got that somewhat right. However…..seems you simply deny the reality of Jesus, the God-Man.

You also seem to deny the evidence of a very real “spirit world” …..and look only at the physical world for answers.

“Spiritually blind.”

Gazing at the creation, not looking to the Creator.

Your choice….

I don't 'deny,' I point out that there is no evidence to support it. As I said, Paul, who wrote shortly after the events described in the later gospels makes no mention of the miraculous works of Jesus the man. Which are most likely later embellishments of the story as the movement grew and developed.