Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers
Belief without evidence is not the real definition of faith. The real definition of faith is trusting in what you have good evidence to believe.

That's not how it's commonly used by fundamentalist Christians. In those circle it's not only believe without good evidence, but belief in spite evidence, even over whelming evidence to the contrary.

Been busy and gone for awhile.... but back for a bit....

Comment for AS....I do not believe your characterization of what is "commonly used.... those circles.... without good evidence.... belief in spite of evidence... " and so on .....is correct at all. I have run around in "fundamentalist Christian" circles for quite awhile and I have NEVER heard anything about "believing without evidence."

You are leaving out one of the most important and vital elements of Christianity and that is the role of Holy Spirit's role in conversion, belief and faith.

In a nutshell, .....

The New Testament explains it in terms of sinners being called. That is, not just told the truth about salvation, but led by God to embrace it as the truth, and to repent and receive Christ; after which they are “kept by the power of God,” Christian conversion, which is an act of man, is thus revealed as being also a work of God.

The "proof" you so often talk about is comes to the believer through the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit.

As I have posted before regarding "proof." I have it ... I have the evidence.......and it seems that you do not. Seems you do not have it ....nor understand it, so it is quite understandable that you do not include the witness of the Holy Spirit in your characterization of what "fundamentalist Christians" believe.

Edi to add: Seek and Find.....Don't Seek and Don't Find

Here's something for you to mix that word salad, the The Salad Mixxxer by Mixer Co.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell