Originally Posted by 10Glocks
44 pages and still no kumbaya moment. Too bad. These sorts of discussions always go like this. The Night Force guys telling Leupold guys their equipment sucks. Go to another form and it's the Tangent Theta guys telling Night Force owners their equipment is for trailer-park-poor-candy-asses. So why bother.

You are right and I should just quit. I actually don't really like being this childish but it has been fun.

The bottom line question I have asked that never gets answered and instead just draws either an insult or the sound of crickets is as follows.

If like myself and millions of other hunters east of the Mississippi you are:

A). hunting in a place where a shot longer than 300 yards is not possible and most shots will be much less than that thus negating the need for dialing or ballistic plex reticles

and

B). are bound by very specific legal daylight hours in which you can hunt. For example here it's 30 minutes before official sunrise until 30 minutes after official sunset

then what exactly can a 2000 to 3000 dollar scope offer you that you cannot do in the same hunting environment with a scope in the 550 to 800 dollar range.

It's a very simple question. I have never had trouble getting any scope in that price range (and some even cheaper) sighted in and having them hold zero. And the scopes in that price range will allow you to hunt past legal light. So what usable advantages am I getting for the extra cash? It's a simple question that never gets answered.

Last edited by Willto; 07/24/21.