I do not have a gun with a drop chart worked up well enough for me to confidently take a 1300 yard shot at a game animal right now. I have 2 weeks but doubt I will have anything ready to shoot past 800. I have in the past had my drops down to the point I would have taken a 1400+ yard shot at a game animal. I have killed pigs at a mile, not nearly that far for a game animal.
With enough work and time I could get ready to shoot past 1K again, but I am just in load development with a new barrel on my ELR rifle.

I used one piece of brass to shoot the first 6 shots out of my new barrel the day before yesterday. One shot to get my POA to intersect with POI. A 3 shot group in the 3s, then 2 shots at my 800 yard target. My drops were pretty close even if I was not happy with the 3 inches of vertical. I am hoping the that light variations were the difference. The shots were taken about 40 minutes apart to simulate a cold bore shot. I will know more tomorrow. It is hard to tell a lot with only six shots down the barrel.

[Linked Image]

A lot of people think they are ready to make a cold bore 1500 yard shot on big game, few rarely are.

Last edited by EddyBo; 11/10/13.