Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I just read his article. Two points-

The first is that he is not arguing about taking long shots while HUNTING per se, but rather setting up specifically ONLY for an extreme range shot. And I agree.

The second point is that while I agree with his premise, the "ethics" and opinions of hunting by those who use guides to hunt when not required by law, hold about as much weight as someone who utilizes prostitutes trying to educate me about love.

Whats wrong with setting up for longer shots only? Prevents spooking the game up close and many other things. And since its legal, and if you have the ability..... I mean its NO different than choosing to set up for bow only with close in shots, where the sound gets to the animal 3 times faster than the arrow and you have a GREAT chance of never actually hitting exactly where you are aiming anyway....

And I AM a bowhunter also.

This chit of telling others how to do it gets REALLY flipping old.

That being said I rarely set up for ONLY long shots, but I typically set up such that my average shot will not be closer than 150-250 yards so I DON"T alert the deer by any means.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....