Realistic Distance for Ethical Kills? That is strictly a personal preference that can only be answered by your ability and confidence in yourself. I personally dont care if any one else feels comfortable at the distances I do.

What are the conditions of the shot? High winds my max shot may be within a 100 yards in good shooting conditions I will shoot all the way to my max comfort zone over 1K..

There are a lot of wannabe LR shooters and they do give the name a bad rep however rest assured wildwyo is not.

The Fact that he had to make a follow up shot, big deal he has a hell of a bull and elk steak in the freezer. Some of the Keyboard warriors on this forum "as all forums" are easy to jump to conclusions. put yourself in his shoes..
That canyon is absolutely brutal, you have been watching that bull for 2 days and praying no one else finds him since all 400 tag holders in that area are searching under every brush and behind every rock. Then to top it off the moment of truth comes and you have a 360 bull standing in your cross hairs can you say hello anxiety....
Now your trying to keep your cool you ranged the bull know the range, but if you can imagine in all that excitement you forgot your 3000' feet higher in elevation than your turrets burnt for and you have a slight angle.. First shots High this is where range time and practice came in the quick correction and follow up..
I say Good work and Fine Bull

Heres one thing I am not understanding and maybe rcamuglia can help me with...
You boys wanted to see wildwyo setup so you could rule out what? o thats right rule out that he had a legit set up!! hahahaha You gotta be kidding me that is the most ignorant thing I have read on this thread yet!!! when I first started getting into longrange I built a 7mm out of a Remington action I shot that thing almost every damn day for a year I had 2200 rounds through it then about mid august rolled around and guess what it started throwing bullets shot the bbl out of it only a few months before hunting season. With a phone call to one of my friends who was a smith for BOTW at the time he talked me into setting up a 25-06 I had just to get me through the season, Yup a 2506 Tikka M695 can you believe that.. Listen I think I just heard a few vertebras pop with that whip lash lmfao..

That year I killed one of my better whitetail at 721 a cow elk @ 980 a blacktail out in washington across a clear cut @ 650 and a doe @ 1051.. All one shot drops except the cow I put 2 115gr bergers behind her shoulder at about 3" apart first shot she humped up second shot took her to the ground. That tikka still has a huskemaw sitting on it and has since taken allot of very respectable critters my little sisters now shoot it and they have taken 2 bull elk, 2 deer, 2 antelope and my mom killed a moose with it.. Just because some one cant afford a nice custom made rifle dont jump to the conclusion they are bogus.. One of my buddies bought one of my old Huskemaws and put on a rem 700 sps 7mm we bedded it swapped triggers and thats it he put one of the limbsaver donut things on it I thought was bogus but he likes it. that gun shoots under .5 MOA all day long from 100-1000 yards