Mackay Sagebrush,

I'v driven to the range twice a day for months on end to get data for a true cold bore shot under varying temperatures and weather conditions. While it may be true I certainly am a novice being my first year and all I think it would be safe to say I am a novice who is willing to put in the time to get effective first round hits and be able to put a number on best possible scenario as a maximum that I have seen during testing for myself.

I don't feel my number 700 was arbitrary in any way at all because my statement was 700 yds or LESS. The word less makes it a non fixed number allowing for differing circumstances. 700 yds has proved to be the furthest I would consider under close to perfect conditions. I still have a lot to learn and ways to go before I consider taking any such shot. I'm really enjoying the learning process and I believe the most important thing I have learned is........put in the time first! For myself I've decided on two years and that's a lot of practice for a fella that frequents the range a minimum of 3 times a week.

Shod

Last edited by Shod; 11/10/13.