I am 51 and been a long range shooter since in my late teens....I have shot quite a few groundhogs over a mile...and never...I mean NEVER have hit one on the first shot. To each his own...not going to condem anyone for range...but forget about drop...easy enough to get around...just click up right? Wrong......... after 1 k things get hinky fast.....temp,,,,barom pressure....angle of the shot....... well ok thats with NO wind....and wind IS the factor....and NO ONE ive ever met can read it 100% of the time..... ask this question: rh twist rifle l to r wind 10 mph,,,constant 45 degree angle steady ( ya right never gonna happen) how many minutes you gonna add or subtract from your ELEVATION? if any... if they cant answer that...they have no buisness shooting at a big game animal at long distance.. They read too much.......or watch too much tv...but too many talk a good talk....i have come to use Jack o Conners famous line....when the individual is all done tellin you about how good or bad a bullet or cartridge or gun....etc is....my response.....And how do you know that to be true?. my limit....700 yards with no wind....and odds are its dead.

Last edited by riflelooney; 02/28/14.