I'd also be curious to know how that handgun was shipped? It also seems that being the middleman in the deal could be perceived as making one a "dealer". I think I'd be doing my damndest to make things right.

Right from the BATF's webpage:

Q: Does a collector�s license afford any privileges to the licensee with respect to acquiring or disposing of firearms other than curios or relics in interstate or foreign commerce?

No. A licensed collector has the same status under the Gun Control Act (GCA) as a nonlicensee except for transactions in curio or relic firearms.

[27 CFR 478.93]

Q: What does �engaged in the business� mean?

The term �engaged in the business,� as applicable to a firearms dealer, is defined as a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.

[27 CFR 478.11]