Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Agreed to purchase a LNIB firearm from a well know Campfire Member. Firearm arrived at my FFL with box in Duct Tape, incomplete as minus bipod and magazine and case. Firearm was well used with marks and scratches all over it. Also arrived with substantial FFL issues. FFL is kind that can ship but cannot receive. Contact with this well respected Campfire member is very entertaining to include substantial correspondence with many half truths, accusations and failure to provide the missing parts. I am forced to accept the discrepant firearm because it cannot be returned.

Guys-beware when you agree to purchase any firearm from a anyone and make sure that you know what kind of FFL its coming from. As Always let the buyer beware.

Guys I do not have a dog in this fight but in reading the original post there was no mention of the name of the seller, I took the post as a warning to be cautious even when buying from a well known campfire member. Safariman vountarily drug himself into this when he made his post attempting to absolve himself. I thought that it showed a touch of class on the OP's part to refrain from posting the sellers name and instead post a caution.

About the only reason I read Safarimans ads is to see what new reason he has to sell the item that he is advertising. It is fairly obvious that he is acting as an unlicensed dealer and plays the sympathy card in almost every ad. Even though I have been interested in a couple of items of his that in itself has kept me from dealing with him.

As far as the OP not getting back into this mess - once again I think it shows a bit of class on his part. I see that the OP has posted the pistol for sale on the Classifieds with a full description and terms of sale. It looks to me as though this gives the original seller(Safariman) an opportunity to salvage some of his reputation by posting an "I'll take it" and having a check waiting for Missouri Ed when he gets home.

" FS-Ruger Charger Missing Parts
MissouriEd
Campfire Guide

Loc: Between somewhere and nowhere Well gents I am the owner of a fine Ruger Charger, missing magazine, the OEM bipod and the Ruger logo case. It is nonfunctional as is. There are scratches and heavy scuff marks on the barrel and stock, screws are buggered up. I will provide a 5 day non firing inspection (like you can really test fire).

No disclaimer applies here guys this thing needs work.

There is a 100% satisfaction guarantee on this sale. I will gladly refund all of your funds upon receipt of the firearm in like condition. Price is $295 via certified funds or Paypal. I pay the fees.

Seriously, if someone is really interested I will get pic to you after 14 Jan. I put the gun in storage late this morning. I'm going deer hunting and to DSC so can't ship firearm until 14 Jan 2014."

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.