The battle flag of the northern Va was used to make the flag easier to tell apart from the stars and stripes. It never flew at the confederate capitol and it wanst created until after the first manassas. I would bet that 90 percent or more of the CSA soldiers didnt own slaves, i kniw none of my family members did. What they did know was there was an invasion coming from the north and they would eithwr pick up arms or flee. Check shermans march to the sea or my ggg grandfathers older brother was killed by yankees and he wasnt in the CSA.this flag was flown fornthe entire war on the uss columbia in ww2 and wasnthe first flag raised after the battle of okinawa.
My point is this flag hardly represents slavery and if so it does hardly more than the stars and stripes which also presided over indian massacres like wounded knee and also the trail of tears.... hey old glory, dont throw stones if you live in a glass house

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984