Originally Posted by EvilTwin
The utter insanity of us re-fighting the war astounds me. Better to exploit the divide between the blacks and homosexuals. Foment division, chaos, and warfare between THEM not us!!!! Nice trap we let ourselves into. Pitting the enemy against himself is actually easy now that the SCOTUS made that decision. The "rainbow White House" has infuriated millions and we have a strategic opportunity to move on the enemy and causing their self destruction. We need unity of purpose and to stop acting like little snots who want to take their ball and go home.

THIS, then again we have absolute insane kooks here that are stuck in 1863 with such an insane hatred of "yankees" it borders, no it IS pathological. BTW, it's not you SAKO. Your posts are informative and well-reasoned. I've posted before, that in my belief the war WAS about state rights, but THE locus of THE RIGHT was slavery, and yes, a few states were prepared to give that up until Lincoln mobilized, but still, if you follow the MONEY (as always) it lay with the slave owners. Many here who yearned (and still do) for a Southern Victory, it's kind of hard to prove a negative, but I just don't know how a USA/CSA world would have looked like, but those here convinced that it would have been some sort of Utopia are in my view, mired in romance. Tough times we have now...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”