None of the Wikipedia links cite the Virginia Historical Society

?? Where do you think I got the URL?

[34] Virginia Historical Society

...if you want to start quoting them as a source, it'd be best if you tried it when folks opposed to your BS don't have immediate family relatives that work there.

You have access to THEM, egad man! get them to provide the relevant links, for and against.

You can only have an honest intellectual discourse with an individual that is intellectually honest. Birdwatcher has proven himself otherwise.

Where exactly?

Oh, and since you haven't the intellectual fortitude to answer hillbillybear's question about Constitutional authority, I'll do it for you.

Others already did.

Lincoln never acted alone, about a half million folks, not all in the North, supported what he did and were willing to die to preserve the Union. I woulda willingly fought on their side.

My dear friend EvilTwin thinks highly of you.

It means a lot to me to have the high regard of such men cool

It appears even he can be mistaken as to the worth of an individual.

You resorted early on in this thread to personal slander, in that case of my origins, as if that affected historical fact crazy No worries, getting insulted is part of what I do for a living.

Best I can put it is this way....

If you were on fire I'd rush across all six lanes of a busy interstate AND vault the concrete wall in the middle to pee on you to put out the flames, because it would be the right thing to do.

Whether you would do the same for me, even across a narrow footpath, is totally irrelevant.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744