Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Again back to the battle flag. The monuments,.....

Bw has some black friends offended by battle flag so it shouldnt be flown at a monument....sounds like orwell had a crystal ball

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”
― George Orwell, 1984"

WOW! He nailed it..........66yrs ago.

SAKO, if you are the sort of man who knowingly and unapologetically repeats a lie, there is really nothing I can do for you.

Sako and 222Rem, my Black friend is a retired Military Noncom, I dunno how long he served exactly but obviously long enough for a comfortable retirement income.

At present he is employed by choice as an JROTC instructor at a large, lower-income urban high school, instilling values of honor, love of country and integrity into youth who sorely need such a role model. They love him, he loves them, over the years he has turned several lives around.

His position on the flag, as stated to me is, that flag flew over the enslaved ancestors of his wife, children and grandchildren. While he doesn't believe it is synonymous with hate, neither does he want it flown in state-supported locations.

You can ridicule his position if ya want, but I doubt you'd be crass enough to do it to his face.

considering you know nothing about me, im not sure youre qualified to judge what i would/would not do. Either way, it makes no difference to me if he served Or not, it doesnt make his opinion more valid or mine less.im sorry if i misrepresented your prior comments. My point is some people will be offended at some things no matter what. He was never a slave and neither was his mother. He never knew any of the relatives that,were slaves either.
[Linked Image] what does he think about this pic, the klan at its peak in the early 1900s waved old glory exclusively. Does he care?

He needs to grow a thicker skin.

If you give an inch.....
http://blackconservative360.blogspot.com/2015/06/robert-george-confederate-flag-and.html?m=1 this guy wants andrew jackson off the 20$ bill because of slavery!!! If we open this appeasing the offended, where will it end?

Flying a flag at a confederate monument to me you cant have one without the other, take one then take both, and im sure youre friend woukd be ok with that...

Sorry your friend was no robert e lee, NBF, stonewall jackson, etc...those monuments need to stay

Last edited by SAKO75; 06/30/15.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984