despite family lineages and documentation (hint, family and individual diaries often held in museums or historical societies).

So quote them, so many people across the South are emotionally invested in this that they oughta be easy to find.

He'll go chapter and verse about a history that any damned Brit (born and/or raised and educated) has no attachment to and little comprehension of.

*SHRUG*, I expect yer just PO'd because you don't have an argument.

I'm not quoting my words, I'm quoting THEIRS, and taking them at their word.

Anyhoo... like most Americans you are plainly clueless about our original White homelands grin

It was my great good fortune to be schooled by an order of Irish Catholic Brothers, in an all-male setting, where both Latin and a liberal application of the strap were laid on early. I do clearly recall the strap (that sumbitch HURT grin) but sadly, little Latin tho when I came here in my early teens I was years ahead of my American peers in all but "Social Studies" (WTF??) which was rather shallow anyhow in that by comparison history as taught over there started like 2,000 years earlier grin

So... if you think Irish Catholics were/are "Brits" well hey, go for it Bub....

...and a point of clarity, I figure I am truly American by right of my father, who won it in principle with the Sixth Marines on Okinawa, and I was indeed born here, right outside of NYC, a citizen since I first drew breath. My folks just took a ship to England when I was four months old is all, see, they wanted us to have a good education, and brung us back later for the greater opportunities here once all that was achieved.

But, I can and have truly stated; I never set foot here until my early teens.

Actually, here in Texas I figure I am sorta like the Texians, see, all of THEM were from somewhere else also....

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744