Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

SAKO, if you are the sort of man who knowingly and unapologetically repeats a lie, there is really nothing I can do for you.

Sako and 222Rem, my Black friend is a retired Military Noncom, I dunno how long he served exactly but obviously long enough for a comfortable retirement income.

At present he is employed by choice as an JROTC instructor at a large, lower-income urban high school, instilling values of honor, love of country and integrity into youth who sorely need such a role model. They love him, he loves them, over the years he has turned several lives around.

His position on the flag, as stated to me is, that flag flew over the enslaved ancestors of his wife, children and grandchildren. While he doesn't believe it is synonymous with hate, neither does he want it flown in state-supported locations.

You can ridicule his position if ya want, but I doubt you'd be crass enough to do it to his face.

My own position on the flag, as previously stated, was that re: flying it in public places it oughta be put to a vote, I would vote for it, my friend would probably vote against it, majority wins.

Birdwatcher

Fortunately for all of us we do not live in a democracy