"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery.

If I were you I woulda had the grace to acknowledge where I got that, but hey, yer welcome anyway....

Gee, sorry you got the strap in school. But that does foist your CV into some sort of savant status....

Never said it did of course, that being "twisting, spinning, miscasting" (or whatever it was you said) on your part.

Anyways here we was in our (literally) unwashed glory grin

[Linked Image]

Ya know, we got the strap for EVERYTHING.... sleeping, fidgeting, not having homework done, and like I said it HURT. But in that all-male setting ya learned early on that crying about it would get you no sympathy at all... grin

I dunno that I'd ever countenance my own son to be schooled in such a manner, but when you consider that close to one in five boys are nowadays diagnosed with some sort of acronym, for the apparent crime of being nothing more than a normal male, I'd choose the strap over medication for him in a heartbeat.

Glad that the Irish folks were so thorough in your history studies.

Lord knows they never dabbled in revisionism..

Well, at least ya got away from labeling me a "Brit" grin

But, having so gratuitously insulted the integrity of an entire people as you just did, I seriously doubt you yourself have the integrity to back it up with actual examples.

Hey, start a new thread on it if ya want, you can call it "Irish Catholic Revisionism".

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744