Learned about these in the Outdoor Life gear review a month or so back. They caught my attention then and the past week, while I've been on vacation, I've been geeking out, learning more about these rifles.
I've spent some time on the phone with JD, talking about their rifles with him a couple times and emailed back and forth too. As far as customer service goes for a brand new company, they're first-class it would seem; knowledgeable and easily reach via phone or email! After talking with him and finding that they'll possibly be offering this action as a "gunsmithing" product down the road I was on the fence of whether or not to wait and get exactly what I want down the road.
I contacted my local distributor to see if I could swing by and take a look at one of these rifles and was told that they leave the shelf as soon as they're put out, so there's nothing to take a look at! That was disappointing, but if they're really that good, I'm having a hard time not being impulsive with another rifle purchase wink
Well today... I gave in and purchased a 308 Winchester, even though I really want a 300WSM with a box mag. I'll either send it in down the road when they open up their "custom shop" and let them ream the chamber out and open the bolt face or if they aren't able to make it as a company (which would be a damn shame!), I'll hire a local smith to do this for me and and fit a detachable box mag system at that point too.
Can't wait to get the new rifle! I know 308 will technically kill anything the 300 mags will, but I like the added assurance of higher speeds with heavier bullets, giving me room between things that might eat me and the end of my barrel =)
This gun will be getting the VX3 1.75-6x32 heavy duplex I bought last year and never used to keep weight down under 7.5lbs and hopefully shoot the 110gr TTSX I've loaded up to screaming velocities for other 308s in the past.
Thanks for the good thread.

Last edited by Wilkup; 08/08/15.