Originally Posted by 10generation
My thoughts:

First, I think its great that we are seeing an interesting approach in a new rifle - a hybrid of the custom rifle many make/buy - think good action plus an aftermarket stock. Eg Model 70 for 700/800 plus a mcmillan for 500/600.

Like many I spend a lot of time on forums looking for rifles. I'm partial to CRF so I generally look for a model 70 with a nice aftermarket stock and, ideally, a good barrel but would be fine with a nice stock and factory barreled action. LAW seems to be providing this plus a better trigger and, likely, a better barrel than most factory rifles. Seems like a great start to me. Bottom metal does look a bit clunky, but most companies change their products over time to make them better.

While I agree with the feedback on twist rates, I'm impressed with the change to the .243 and, like others, think we should give these guys a chance to get going and iterate their product. They are trying to provide a high quality rifle for a good value - IMHO we should all be cheering them on - why would any of us not want another rifle option - especially one trying to hit the spot between factory and synthetic customs - no downside to any of us, all upside if they are successful in building a great rifle.

Lastly, like others have said - big kudos to Paul Reed for providing the information he has and thanks to him for actually caring what all of us think - although given some of the responses, I'm surprised he's staying in the discussion.

Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by 10generation

Lastly, like others have said - big kudos to Paul Reed for providing the information he has and thanks to him for actually caring what all of us think - although given some of the responses, I'm surprised he's staying in the discussion.

My feelings as well. How many companies come onto a forum not only to announce a new product, but take the time (and grief) to listen to potential buyers, answer questions and take feedback honestly with a willingness to make changes if necessary ? I think maybe Forbes did but not sure. Kimber ? Nope.

Agreed on all the above.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.