Bob have you owned 243's in 1-9" and 1-8" loaded with these long heavier weight bullets like the ones being discussed here ? I owned a 6mm Rem 40X single shot with a two ounce trigger option and it came with a 1-12" twist and I remember slinging and ass load of bullets downrange with that rifle, but IIRC the heaviest I used back then were the Sierra 85gr BTHP's and they were unbelievably accurate. Length wise they were mostly likely the same or close in length to the 95 or 100 gr Partition. In hindsight, I think I hade the option of a 1-10" twist fro the Custom Shop back then and I don't think they offered a 1-9" back then, but I could be mistaken. Back then the old philosophy was to sin bullets only as much as you had to with the heaviest bullets you intended to shoot, because back then they felt that over spinning bullets led to accuracy problems. As Mule Deer said not long ago, that the bullets made today are much more concentric so accuracy problems are not as big of an issue by spinning them fast.