Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Tell me where I'm wrong? Seems it's all you long winded bastards that haven't the first clue.

Facts don't need many words.

First of all what passes for "facts" in your world really amount to nothing more than speculation and guessing about what people other than yourself "know". And I think you are clever enough to mask a lot of your own inexperience by not saying too much.

Second,your delivery of glib one liners are designed to insult and belittle people and comprise the overwhelming majority of what you post,as if everyone is stupid except you.I think you do it to make yourself seem superior somehow. Bullies behave that way. I get that you don't happen to enjoy what I post on here....that's too bad. I don't "like" what you post either. You've never taught me anything I don't already know,and you're insulting to boot....not a great combination. wink

It's easy to toss out insults and one liners that don't communicate very much. You do it a lot and profess shear genius is in the brevity....you think this fools people. It doesn't.

I don't know how old you are and don't care;since you're retired you aren't all that far behind me. But you comment on this fast twist thing like you invented the concept...as Pathfinder says you aren't the only one who knows about it.

I had Krieger build a number of fast twist barrels in 270, 7mm, 30 caliber,35, and 375 starting back in the 80's and continuing right into the 90's....8-9 in 7mm and similar in 30,12 in 35,and 10 in 375.So I have an understanding of what they do and don't do and the benefits,since I loaded and shot, and hunted with about every single one of them.You may have been in high school at the time?

yes, I am aware that increased twist does not, of itself, increase pressures,at least as near as I can tell. If it did I likely would have blown up a rifle or three by now.

Here right now I have barrels in 6mm/8 twist Bartlein, 7mm/ 9 twist Brux, and (just arrived) 10 twist Krieger 375. I assume they would meet your approval? Be glad to send you a photo if you don't believe me.

I am not sure how any of this moves me into the Old Fart/Clown class but you have your own ideas about me; I have my own ideas about you,too.

I don't know what your problem is since you don't communicate very well. You don't like Bansner stocks? Ever own at least one?

Ever even seen an Ed Brown action?

If you read what I posted, you might see that I said a fast twist would be a good idea in light of recent bullets...I also said this is not "new" although you might think it is,since many cartridges ,other than the 6mm's have morphed into a faster twist in response to bullet development. The 7mm Weatherby cartridge moved from a 12 twist to a 10 twist because it would not stabilize 160 gr bullets of the day. The 270 Weatherby also went from 12 to 10.This may have happened before you were born but I'm not sure.

All that said,and as Pathfinder points out(I know that he has considerable experience actually killing BG animals) the success or failure of a hunt rarely if ever boils down to what twist is in your barrel. You need a faster twist to stabilize longer bullets....I get it...many of us do.

So I would suggest you get some of your "facts" straight before you declare them etched in stone. I know i asked you this before but if I am not mistaken you've never killed any BG animal at much past 300 yards. Not sure I got a response because I rarely if ever go back to see what you said a second time. I have to deal with people like you sometimes in my work....I sure don't want to be bothered with them in my time off.

If I asked you what time it is, you'd tell me how a watch is made.

I've watched enough of your bullshiet over the years typing many a word about items you've never used.

I'm sure there is much to be learned from Yankees like you and RD. Can't wait for tales from the Pines.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"