Originally Posted by Reed

Deflave: The 243 with a 1 in 8" really seems to me to be on he extreme end of the shooting community wishes but as I said we are looking at all twists. I do not have personal experience with a 243 so can't offer real life fact based opinion. Do you have experience with that twist rate and shooting bullets at the extreme light and heavy ends of the spectrum? If so how did they shoot?

Paul

With the 6mm's no, the .224's, yes.

The drawback to the faster twists is that some of the bullets designed to rapidly expand at low velocity (Hornady SX as an example) will come unglued in faster twists.

There may be some .243 caliber bullets that meet this criteria also, but I can't think of any that are being manufactured currently.

The 1-8" twist in .243's and .224's is not on the extreme end of the shooting community wishes. Most of the shooting community wouldn't know a twist rate from a dildddo. As has been stated, you're gonna lock that side of the market up regardless. It's the dickheads (me) you need to pursue.

Lighter/shorter bullets don't suffer from fast twists. Yes the rifle may not care for certain bullets, but it's not twist related.

Twist them more faster. If it doesn't work out well I will buy you a beer. During happy hour. If you're a lady. On lady's night.

Best of luck.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house