Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

There are two customer bases you will be marketing towards and potentially selling to, those that are savvy and those that have not a clue,If you cater towards those that are savvy you grab that market share as well as the clueless,it doesn't work the other way around.
Choose wisely and good luck

Nailed it here.... Sell to those looking for (and planning on taking advantage of) the fast twist and to those who don't care one way or the other...or just to those who don't care. I can't find a reason to limit those you want to market to.

I say this after just rebarreling from a 1/10 to a 1/8 .243.

Edited to add: Big thumbs up on listening to folks here. You can be "industry standard" or you can be better. Sounds like you're shooting for much better.

I agree that was probably the best post explaining everything most of us are feeling. I know that I won't be buying any production .224 or .243 caliber rifle that doesn't have at least an 8 twist, unless I'm going to use it as as donor action. I don't see the big deal using a 1:8 unless their barrel maker doesn't make one, it doesn't add any extra cost.

I'm grateful that someone has reached out from a manufacturer and asked what people want in a rifle and I respect that greatly. However, to win my business you have to offer something that I can't get elsewhere. If I can't get the twist I want in a production rifle, I have to order a barrel and take it to a gunsmith to get the rifle I want.

If I want a .243 and not worried about shooting anything but old industry standard bullets, I'm going to buy a much cheaper rifle and pocket the rest of the money for optics. That said, I'd be willing to pay extra to get an 1:8 twist barreled rifle, especially if I can pick it up without the wait times I have on building a custom waiting on barrels, stocks and gunsmiths.