Greetings all,

My apologies for the very delayed responses, lots of activity here and makes it hard to keep up with the forums we belong to while building guns. Scrolling back some pages I tried to capture questions and comments and will respond below. The Web site is really the best place to go for information about our rifles.

Twist rates: after multiple discussion with Mark, the management team and our gunsmiths as well as others in the field we have made changes to many of the twist rates, all faster. The rates can be seen on the individual rifle pages or the details spreadsheet for each rifle for example here:
Closer-Full specifications sheet

A few of the forum members have commented to the effect that most shooters are not overly concerned with twist rate and we believe that to be true. This forum has members who are dedicated, technically savvy shooters who do pursue accuracy levels that may exceed 80% of the rifles on the market and we appreciate and genuinely consider their experiences. Our rifles are being built for hunters primarily, with the long range, tactical and varmint guns coming in the future. That is not to say that we should not strive for a greater level of accuracy in a hunting gun simply because of its use, but in reality modern barrel manufacture, CNC machining and knowledge of what makes a rifle shoot accurately have clearly changed the standards for most rifles. We believe ours meet and nearly always exceed those standards within the realm of producing an above average production rifle. Our target market was described in my first post, shooters who are looking for something the next step up from most of the production rifles out there with a great price point.

Chamber throats: All chamber throats will be cut to SAAMI specs, anything else becomes a custom rifle and will necessitate a higher price.

Action detailed specifications can be seen here which will answer many questions:
Model 704 Action Specifications

Accuracy Guarantee: I will be adding specific language as to our MOA accuracy gurantee this week to the Web site. Essentially we guarantee 3 shot MOA accuracy and will make it right if the rifle does not perform to our standards.

Barrel Source:: We realize that this information is important to many dedicated shooters but our business practice is to approach barrels (and all components of the rifle) against an accuracy standard. We do not want to box ourselves into specific manufacturers of the parts that we don't make, which are few. We have strict guidelines and specs on all the components of the rifle and will not deviate even if it means finding another supplier. We all know that any barrel manufacturer can produce a bad barrel from time to time, just ask them and we have. The rifles shoot or we will fix it.

Other comments: We had a booth at the Great American Outdoor show in Harrisburg Pa 2 weeks ago and the response to our guns was overwhelming so that is telling us we believe we are on the right path. I think we could have sold 100 rifles if we had them in stock that week. We have had other experiences getting our rifles into the shooting community hands and the response is the same. Dealers and distributors are placing orders as well as customers so while we are taking great pains to not become overly enthusiastic and fool ourselves, one has to go on the data you are presented. I pass this information not in a manner to brag, but more to convey that we are listening and changing to meet the market as we can.

There have been a few comments something to effect of LAW being marketers etc. Certainly one of the goals of the new company is to make money. While I think we have tough skins at Legendary Arms Works I can assuredly state that the company is made of dedicated, enthusiastic shooters from young to old and varying experiences..even as one poster implied a "low level employee" like me grin . The passion that runs through all of us is to produce a 100% totally American Made and assembled rifle that each of us would want to own and I think we are on the path to doing so. BTW-we are serious when we say 100 % American made...we recently learned that the sling swivel studs we were using, made by a major accessory maker that we all know, were made in Vietnam. While they may be of acceptable quality, we immediately discontinued their use, found another American supplier and ending up saving $0.02 on each of them and replaced the foreign made studs...

Sometimes the passion runs high on this forum and we can understand that when you get two shooters in a room, even if virtual, the conversation can get interesting to say the least. I can appreciate the spirit of discussion and as I have stated in numerous posts we greatly appreciate all the feedback. I am trying to keep our Website up to date and we are working on FAQs and some other information.

Thank you to all for your input,

Paul

Last edited by Reed; 03/01/15.