Do NOT get rid of the bottom metal! Thats the most absurd suggestion I've heard. To me, it is an inconvenience to have to cycle the rounds just to empty the magazine. Manufacturers usually do that for one of two reasons, either to save weight while making a mountain type rifle, or to cut cost in order to make a cheap rifle. I don't think Legendary Arms Works is trying to do either of those things.

I don't think that "hundreds" of people have stated that the twist rates are too slow. A few dedicated, hardcore "rifle loonies" on this board seem to think that everyone out there is rolling their own ammo and shooting small calibers at extreme distances. That simply is not the case. While there are plenty of awesome long range rifles, scopes and cartridges being sold, most of the people that buy them can't shoot them worth a s$&@. They read about the latest greatest thing in a magazine, and they buy it so they can show it off at hunting camp. I have no doubt that some of the folks on this forum that are pushing for the faster twist rates are extremely good riflemen. Heck, I'm sure most of you could probably outshoot me. However the fact remains, that the vast majority of the folks buying rifles today, even middle of the road rifles, simply can't shoot them to their full potential. I would be willing to bet that if you walked into most gunshops during deer season and asked people which twist rate they prefer in a given caliber, they would stare at you like you had a phallus protruding from your forehead. If you want mainstream rifle makers to offer a faster twist rate for a .243, go convince the ammo manufacturers to offer factory loaded ammo with 105-115 grain hunting bullets. I could be very wrong here, but I think that handloading is a dying hobby. Perhaps it's just the area I live in, but most of the guys that handload around here are in the "over 50 crowd".

So, I said all that to say this. Yes, LAW could cater to the 5% of the market that is screaming for faster twist rates, and it probably wouldn't have an adverse effect on anything. However, if they choose not to, they shouldn't be badgered and condemned for it. The fact remains that IF they can turn out a quality rifle, they are going to have some folks at the big companies sitting down and discussing how to improve their product lines. These LAW rifles are A LOT of rifle for the money. Or at least they appear to be at this point.

Thanks again to LAW for jumping into the fire so to speak!