Originally Posted by Brad
The only stocks I'm aware of that use aluminum blocks are all chopped glass... they need them for strength. That's why it's a warning flag.

I don't get adding a heavy chunk of metal in the lug area and a pillar in the rear... why not just pillars in both?

Seems self defeating.

One of the raison d'etre of a fiberglass stock is light weight. Start adding "blocks" and the ounces start accumulating.

On the other thread Reed answered the question about glass, but didn't answer the portion about current weight.

I have a McMillan Hunters Edge on order and had been contemplating cancelling it to order another Bansner... it's looking less likely I'll be doing that. The original Bansner was already around 2oz's heavier, and it sounds like even more now.

That makes them out for me.

If you take what I said before about action variances then I think you might understand why bolting a receiver to one solid aluminum chassis can cause the action to flex or twist so to speak when you tighten the two together. I think using a separate system (block type up front and a pillar of sorts) at the rear makes more sense. I might be entirely wrong about this so it's best to leave this with the experts, like Mark Bansner.