Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I just tested a .300 Winchester Magnum Professional model extensively. It was very accurate, and functioned perfectly in every other way, including the controlled-round feeding. Weight with a 3-10x42 Nightforce SHV in NF rings (neither particularly light in weight) was 8 pounds 3 ounces; a lighter scope and mounts could drop that weight by up to a pound. The pillar bedding of the stock (the same basic model as Mark Bansner's very good High Tech synthetic) was excellent. MSRP is $1999, which includes an installed but easily removable muzzle brake, which is right in there with other semi-production rifles on the market today.

Had a couple talks with Mark, who readily admitted some start-up problems, but apparently the biggest problem they're having now is keeping up with demand.

This does not surprise me at all. I've had Bansners shop work on several rifles for years with never an issue. So I was surprised at the early reports on the LAW rifles. I also had exposure to a couple of Ed Brown rifles and liked the action. I felt as if anyone could make the rifle perform, Mark could do it.

Knowing Bansner, I suspected he just had start up troubles associated with going semi production versus full custom. If I needed anther rifle I'd be inclined to try one of these myself.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.