Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
You want to settle for a compromise?

I don't even know why we are so concerned with LAW. Stick nailed it in his first post.

With all the special runs, no reason to compromise.

Stick is usually right on many topics related to shooting and he is a proponent of buying rifles built around the use of a specific bullet. But again, that market (and thinking while good) represents an even smaller market segment. Remember too, that Stick is a head shot guy, at least from the pics I've seen here of his victims, so unless that is your plan as well, it might not be the road you'd want to build a rifle around. Any animal shot in the noggin is going to drop like a rock, so he picks bullets based on high BC and long range shots for than reason mostly. He has to anchor [bleep] pronto as tracking animals that travel into bear country isn't a warm and fuzzy feeling, along with if they travel some distance into cover, recovering them is a bitch do to the density of the bush. I know that his good pal, John Burns, also buys rifles with the same mindset as he is selling a "turnkey" rig for his customers, so his setup is more successful to build rifles that are going to use one bullet, at a certain velocity, along with a scope with a custom load specific system. For Burns rifles too, it makes complete sense.