Originally Posted by JasonH
Do NOT get rid of the bottom metal! Thats the most absurd suggestion I've heard. To me, it is an inconvenience to have to cycle the rounds just to empty the magazine. Manufacturers usually do that for one of two reasons, either to save weight while making a mountain type rifle, or to cut cost in order to make a cheap rifle. I don't think Legendary Arms Works is trying to do either of those things.

So, I said all that to say this. Yes, LAW could cater to the 5% of the market that is screaming for faster twist rates, and it probably wouldn't have an adverse effect on anything. However, if they choose not to, they shouldn't be badgered and condemned for it. The fact remains that IF they can turn out a quality rifle, they are going to have some folks at the big companies sitting down and discussing how to improve their product lines. These LAW rifles are A LOT of rifle for the money. Or at least they appear to be at this point.

Thanks again to LAW for jumping into the fire so to speak!

As stated, I would not get rid of that BDL style bottom metal for the reasons already stated. Blind mags are a great way for manufacturers to save money and really benefit the few who are looking to save perhaps a couple of ounces. Just pull the BDL floor plate from your run of the mill 700 and you'll quickly see what I mean. Their aluminum floor plate weighs practically nothing.

As far as a cheek piece is concerned, I'd give serious consideration to make all of the stocks with this feature. More production rifles have them than don't have them especially at this price point. As far as the blind magazine option is concerned, remember the words of Dick Davis regarding the costs involved in changing a stock mold. It is very costly. I replaced the factory bottom metal on my 700 with a Williams steel unit and that thing, while beautifully made, probably added 4-5 ounces more than the cheap aluminum factory BDL unit. I'll bet the LAW unit weighs and ounce or two at most.