Gentlemen,

We truly appreciate the feedback and comments on our rifles. This forum is a unique set of expertise that we value. I would like to add a few thoughts and opinions.

First as I have stated we want to build rifles that are 100% American made and of the highest quality and accuracy at a price point that make them competitive. We got tired of seeing “the race to the bottom” in rifle production by many manufacturers. It is self-defeating and in my opinion a self-cannibalization process…where does it end? While there is certainly nothing wrong with a rifle with an injection molded stock, cast aluminum bed block and plain tubular action selling for under $500…even closer to under $300, it is not what the knowledgeable shooting public wants in our opinion. Those rifles may serve a market, perhaps the beginner or someone on a tight budget, but eventually consumers who keep their interest in firearms and especially those who are knowledgeable like this forum seek more. That is the market we want as JasonH and taylorforce1 opine and we believe others will agree. Our rifles sell for slightly more that many standard big company production rifles and we think we can convince customers to consider these rifles seriously. The cost difference is not that significant and is monumentally different when you compare features, quality and pedigree.

Every product on the market and perhaps especially true in the firearms market, represents a compromise of some sort. We will be offering true custom rifles again where you can get what you want and the price will reflect it. The Legendary Arms Works rifles then in fact have to be offered with some compromises in reality. We are continually looking at where that takes us to balance the features offered, our production capabilities, speed and of course price. Feedback like we get here and other high use forums give us the contact with the market that we seek. Twists rates are important, no question. There is a move to shoot longer, heavier bullets in the industry especially for the long range aficionados and we understand that…many of us at the company shoot rifles and cartridges in that sphere too. We started with what are considered to be “industry standards” and will go from there. You have seen that we are being responsive with the twist rate change for the 243, so I think we have demonstrated our commitment to change but our decisions will be driven by data which may include customer opinion as well as technical and engineering research and will be done with care and thought.

Thank you the Forum to allow us to participate, we welcome you input.

Paul Reed

Last edited by Reed; 02/01/15.