OK, I hope you guys feel better, I took the muzzle loader barrel (the one with the see throughs) off of the Encore and put the slug barrel on it. Gun season comes in on Saturday. I know there's a lot of bad azz rifles out there, but a 12 gauge slug is just plain nasty. I've got a Nikon Slug Hunter 3-9x40 with BDC retical and has a 5" eye relief so you don't get the crap knocked out you.

[Linked Image]

I shoot these Breneke Magnum Crush 3". It's a 1 1/2 oz. slug designed for rifled slug barrels. For some reason, the rifling goes the opposite direction as slugs for smooth barrels.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I went to the range yesterday to make sure everything is good to go. This was at 100 yrds. Don't pay attention to the one at 3 o'clock, that one was operator error but still a dead deer. There's 4 rounds at the top.

[Linked Image]

They don't go far when you hit'em.

[Linked Image]

I shouldn't tell you this because I'll never here the end of it, but when they came out with those damn Butt Out tools, somebody gave me one as a joke for Christmas. So I tried it and the damn thing actually worked but it was "a pain in the azz". smile Personally, I don't worry about the azzhole. I don't hang them long enough to worry about it.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/23/15.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan