Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

Firstly, sharing a car ride of 2,771 miles with tjm was a pleasure. I know I had to have given him a sore knee from all the times I made him stomp his imaginary passenger-side brakes on I-35N, but we made it home in fine shape, and shared many excellent stories.

Joe:

Like I said at your house last night, it's HARD to be in a car for two days with someone and then another two days again, and still be on speaking terms at the end of the trip.

Not only were we on speaking terms, but my voice was hoarse from all the talking we did. You are a superb cross-country companion, my friend.

JW (Doc Rocket):

It was indeed a pleasure to finally meet you face to face, too, and I look forward to seeing some of your fine S&W revolvers when next we meet. I've got a nice 29-2 to show you thatI bought from Ashley (Denny smirking off to the side the whole time, while she beguiled me) with an action even smoother than the 629.

Like I posted the other evening, the usual suspects in this posse went above and beyond and made this whole thing not only possible with a bunch of hard work , but they were the center and the catalyst of all the fine conversation and camaraderie that we enjoyed. I just can't imagine not continuing our acquaintances in the future.

One of the highlights of this trip for me was the Saturday night cocktail hour with Derek and Lois. Spasiba, you two.

I also learned something on this trip that I never knew about southwest Texas. It's sticky when wet.