Our next stop was San Antonio, where we joined up with Bob, Dan and Pat. We also got to meet Ironbender and his lovely bride, and we got to meet Birdwatcher, who is the genuine article when it comes to knowledge of San Antonio and its' history. It was obvious talking with him, that he really loves his home town.

On Wednesday morning, Pat was gracious enough to guide Lawson and I on a tour of the Alamo.

Apparently, last week was Spring Break for a bunch of area schools. There was a line waiting to tour the Alamo, but it moved along quickly enough.

I was pleased to see a list of do's and don'ts posted in the area where the line waited to get in. Gentlemen will remove their covers. There will be no loud talking. No photography inside, etc. The last line said "No unauthorized weapons, CHL holders are excepted."

I gotta say, I was thoroughly pleased with the attitude of Texans from the time we drove in, till the time we drove out. Been a long time since I saw such level headed thinking on the part of so many.

During the tour, I was proud to see the names of 13 Kentuckians who were volunteers at the Alamo.

[Linked Image]

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis