Originally Posted by Ready
Bob,
for what it is worth, FC from Ohio coined the phrase of "jack rabbits needing to break out the snorkel pretty quick", which, at the time, put me out of the hunt for about five, chuckling. ...

Carl-
FC has a delightful sense of humor, fortunately for myself. When we were shooting clay birds I loaned him my O/U shotgun, which is European-styled with two triggers. I gave him a quick briefing on running it, but failed to notice that he put his index finger on the front trigger and middle finger on the rear. His first trial on a clay naturally resulted in a Ba-Boom that got the attention of the onlookers. I was afraid that the gun had malfunctioned and doubled, but we quickly diagnosed the 2-finger cause. FC kept his smile, started loading the bottom barrel singly, and went on to smack a string of birds, one after another. I suspect the two-trigger introduction with a target-loaded 12-bore was better than than with one of gunner's big double rifles.

My Merkel SxS certainly appreciated being handled with your fine Teutonic skills. On a couple of shots you showed astonishingly fast reflexes. Be well, Carl.
--Bob