Bud.

The TIG stove burns longer and puts out more heat. The Kifaru stove is faster to set up and more durable. Also easier to cook on. For camping I use the Kifaru or my homemade stove. But the TIG is the only stove made that can fit in my little E&E and would be a life saver. I am looking at building a front annex for the ponch and a closed off back out of Sil tarp material. This would make me 100% cold proof. All I need do is keep the stove running and it would be clear over 100 inside the shelter at any temp. Or maybe a paratarp and annex butI don't have the money. For maybe 40 bucks in materials and a helping hand from my family I could have a total heated poncho A-frame.

Edit.

The door just slides on the top. I am going to drill some holes inside the door to make it take in air without screwing around with it. My TIG is a test stove so maybe the production model door is a bit better. Bare bones is what this stove is all about. Once I make a way to close off both sides of my poncho and put the pipe though my TIG stove jack the bigger risk would be over heating.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WoodsWalker; 11/27/06.