Which is why I picked up four of Patagonia's Active Boxer briefs during the sale:

Hunting Underwear

I had some cheaper polypro stuff that I bought from Sierra Trading Post a few years back, but it started hitting the skids (pun there grin), and on a recent hunt in the Sonoran desert, I wore some regular cotton underwear.

Welp, even in the desert, walking for a few miles I broke a sweat, and when the only cotton garment you're wearing is underwear, you quickly realize the difference the Capilene and good synthetics is making everywhere else on your body.

Even in mild weather, my nether regions got noticeably cold(er) as the cotton stayed damp and everything else dried. A light late afternoon breeze picked up, and there you go.

So now I'm back to full synthetic/wicking/fast-drying stuff, mostly Patagonia, as a first layer, from toes to neck.

Try the undies. grin

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine